Doug: I've mentioned ballparks several times now. My oldest son is just a sports junkie; in fact, he's majoring in broadcast journalism with the career goal of being a sports broadcaster at some level. It is his dream to also see a Major League Baseball game in every stadium. So far, we've been to --
- Wrigley Field in Chicago
- US Cellular Field in Chicago
- Milwaukee County Stadium
- Miller Park in Milwaukee
- old Busch Stadium in St. Louis
- Riverfront Stadium (Cinergy Field, I believe it was called) in Cincinnati
- Citizens Bank Ballpark in Philadelphia
- RFK in Washington, DC
- Nationals Park in Washington, DC
- Orioles Park at Camden Yards in Baltimore
- Kaufmann Stadium in Kansas City
- Turner Field in Atlanta
- Jacobs Field in Cleveland
- old Yankee Stadium in NYC
- Fenway Park in Boston
- We've also visited Cooperstown, which was awesome!
- Illinois State
- Michigan State
- George Washington
- Florida State
- Boston College
That's not a bad list!
Doug: We also like, as I said, to visit historical sites. We've been to many attractions in and around the cities mentioned above. My work with the United States Holocaust Memorial Museum can keep me busy from time-to-time, and I enjoy learning about that era -- the human choices/behaviors aspect of it fascinates me.
Doug: Other than that, I'm a sucker for a Tarzan novel, the 1960's Spider-Man and Marvel Super-Heroes cartoons, and I rarely miss an airing of Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid or Jaws. Oh, and I like to mow the lawn with my iPod and noise-cancelling headphones. Forty-five minutes of solace, baby!
Doug: So, how about you?